Kendal Rifle and Pistol Club

History

The Club

For those of you who are unaware of the location of Kendal, Kendal is a market town on the eastern side of the English Lake District - the county of Cumbria.

The club was founded in 1958 and used a TA range at the Drill Hall, Kendal. The club moved to a newly constructed range under the Market Hall in Kendal in 1960. A pistol range was added in 1964 and the club obtained the use of a 50 yard outside range the following year.

1968 saw KR&PC move to the newly constructed four firing point range at Netherfield - the current home of the club. And in '69 a Ladies section was formed.

The range has been extended twice since being built. A two point pistol range was added in 1975 and the club house was extended in 1995.

After the atrocity at Dunblane in 1996 legislation was introduced that required the pistol shooter at the club to hand in their .22 rimfire pistols. All the pistol shooting members club converted to other disciplines, either air pistol or .22 rifle or both.

With a dwindling numbers of shooters within the county, the county formed an alliance with the Northumbria region to form the Cumbria Northumbria Target Shooting Association in 2000. This permits the CNTSA to enter a 20 man team and a 10 woman team in NSRA (National Small-bore Rifle Association) competitions.

2004 saw the Club lose the outside range, the farmer the owns the quarry has other uses for it.

| News | Events Diary | Results | Wanted | For Sale | Links | Contact | Guest Book | Open Shoot Entry | Home |  ---  | Webmaster |
|Safety | Ranges | Clubroom | Disciplines | Membership | Subs & Costs | Rifles & Ammo | Competitions | Guest Nights | History |
| Open Shoots, a Guide|